Overly large breasts can make you look unbalanced, make it difficult to find the right-sized clothes, cause difficulties during physical exercise, and cause a range of painful symptoms. If you’ve inherited overly large breasts that cause self-consciousness, discomfort, or pain, you may want to consider a breast reduction. Dr. Boustany specializes in highly personalized breast reduction in Boston that helps you achieve the ideal body contours that adhere to your unique expectations and goals.
Why Choose a Breast Reduction?
Signs that indicate it’s time to consider a breast reduction:
- You feel self-conscious about your breast size
- You hesitate about revealing your breasts in moments of intimacy
- Your bra straps dig into your shoulders and create grooves
- You experience back pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain
- You struggle to find the right-sized clothes and bras
- You struggle with sports and exercise because of your breast size
- You have rashes under your breasts
- You have disproportionate breasts — one is bigger than the other
- Your nipples point downwards
What’s the recovery process after breast reduction?
You can expect some swelling and bruising after your breast reduction in Boston. Dr. Boustany will prescribe medications to reduce discomfort, prevent infections, and ensure a smooth recovery. You must follow all of her instructions accurately. You might feel comfortable returning to your work after normal activities within a week, but you should avoid strenuous workouts for at least six weeks. The final results will be visible within three months, once your tissues settle into their new position.
Why choose Dr. Boustany for your breast reduction in Boston?
Breast reductions are 100% personalized cosmetic procedures because only you can determine the correct shape and size for your breasts. You may already have a general idea about your preferred breast size, whether that’s a B, C, or D cup. Dr. Boustany will listen to your concerns and expectations during a private consultation and recommend the ideal surgical plan for you. As a Harvard fellowship-trained plastic surgeon, she has keen artistic sensibilities and experience with the latest and safest breast reduction techniques.